| 0 comments ]


Sophie Choudry will be seen in a play 1800-Dial-India, where she essays five different roles. One of the characters she plays is that of a nun, a complete opposite of her sexy image. That's not the shocking part though. She also plays a 13-year-old!

An excited Sophie says, "I play six completely unrelated characters, so every time I appear on stage, I am somebody new."

She also essays the role of a corporate chica, a suicidal actress, a collegian on a plane and an American ambassador, " I'm so excited to be making my theatre debut with such wonderfully talented people.

It's incredibly challenging for me as an actress because one is going through a gamut of emotions in such a short space of time!

Also every time one performs, it's different because you are reacting to all the actors around you, so theatre forces you to be a thinking actress and be on your toes. I'm loving that!"

She further adds, "On film, we really don't get opportunities to play a multitude of characters.

I'm the kind of person who always loves to take up a new challenge! Last year, it was salsa and belly dancing, this year, it's theatre, who knows what, next year? Who else other than Anuvab would think of casting me as a nun!

Comfy on stage

She is excited about showing the audience an avatar they haven't seen before. And there's no anxiousness either, "After all my shows, I'm more comfortable on stage than on a regular street but July 5 is D-Day and I'm nervous about my theatre debut but more than that, I'm super-excited!"

All about 1800-Dial-India

It's a satirical comedy about a suicide hotline being outsourced from USA to India and is all about the concept of a "new India". It has been written and directed by Anuvab Pal (who has written scripts for Loins of Punjab Presents and The President is Coming). Although it's an ensemble cast, the male lead is Kunal Roy Kapur, who has acted in Delhi Belly.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive